Friday, January 21, 2011

Shades of gray. ( product review)

Recently while watching a couple different makeup guru's on youtube, I've been noticing a really popular trend. GRAY NAILS?! Yes! And one of the best nail polishes being recommended was the Rimmel Lasting Finish PRO nail varnish in Steel gray.


I'm up for anything when it comes to nail color. I'm a big fan of experimenting, and usually I'm very happy with the outcome. I've never tried a Rimmel nail color before, but I'm really very happy with the payoff of this polish. It says that it's supposed to stay on for 10 days, without any chipping. I'm not sure of that because I've only worn it for 3 days, but so far, NO CHIPS!


(picture from google)

The color is definitely gray, but when you look at it from far, it kind of looks a bit purple, light..like lavender. I think it's beautiful, and completely appropriate for winter use. Also, a lot of times with lower end nail polishes, honestly, the brushes suck. This brush is different then most. Like an OPI polish, the brush is thicker, and a bit wider too. But what makes this brush different is that instead of having a straight edge tip, the edge is curved. This makes it easier to get close to the cuticle line without getting polish on your fingers. YAY!

Overall out of ten, I'd give this product...A TEN! The product itself is worth a high end price, but only costs around five dollars. The packaging is adorable, as is with most Rimmel products, brush=heaven! What's not to love.



You can purchase this product in most stores where Rimmel is sold. I bought mine at my local CVS.


Go try this out if you're in the market for an affordable nailpolish that's a huge trend this season!

Enjoy!
-K.

No comments:

Post a Comment