Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What's that smell?

Have you ever walked past someone, and been completely infatuated with the smell of whatever fragrance they used? I know I have. Or is it a candle that is burning in a room, that takes over and fills the space with the perfect scent? Smell is a sense that we have that is very unique. A scent can trigger memories of the past, a person, or a place.

Plus, no one in their right mind would truly want to have their house, or themselves smell bad right? Because that too, people notice.

I have a bunch of things, like soaps, candles, perfumes, that I'll always swear by. Here are a few of my favorites:

*Soaps/Body Wash:

*1. The classic Dove soap. I don't know what is it, or what draws me to this soap..but I love the smell of it so much. It smells clean, and delish. It also is completely moisturizing.
*2. The Dove GOFRESH energizing body wash. The smell of this wash literally wakes you up, because of the sweet smelling citrus that it is infused with. YUM!
*3. The Bath and Body works Black Rasberry Vanilla shower gel. On the site, the key fragrance note reads: Juicy Blackberry, Bergamot, Anjou Pear, Vanilla Orchid, Taffeta Musk. Now, I don't know what Bergamot means, or what an Anjou pear is, but what I can pick up is the sweet berry smell, and the vanilla..as well as a bit of musk. It just smells so good!

*Perfumes/Body Spray:

*1. My all time favorite perfume, is and has been Daisy by Marc Jacobs. This perfume is lovely. The scent notes on the sephora website, where this product can be purchased, read: Strawberry, Violet Leaves, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Gardenia, Violet Petals, Jasmine Petals, Musk, Vanilla, White Woods. You can pick up floral-ly smells that aren't too overpowering, and that's what I like about it.
*2. Ralph Lauren- Ralph Rocks. This perfume is again floral, with a bit more fruit to it. I really like this one as a summer scent, and that's what it reminds me of. A really nice hot summer day. The scent note reads: Passion Fruit, Humid Mist, Kiwi, Washed Citrus Accord, Dewey Green Palm Leaves, Freesia, Orange Blossom, Heirloom Hyacinth, White Coconut Milk, Sun Bleached Woods, Amber, Indonesian Sandalwood. It is a bold smell, so if you're not into that I would not recommend it..but I love it!
*3. Chanel NO 5. This isn't my favorite smell on me, but I love it. I love it because it reminds me of my Grandma Carol..the reason I love fashion and beauty. This perfume is a musky blend. It's strong, and classic.
*4. Victoria's Secret Pink with a splash Body mists. I cannot pick one. There are currently 7 scents from the line to choose from, and honestly I haven't found one that I dislike. They're all very different, yet I seem to find no problem with any of them. Check them out! Plus, I know at my Victorias secret, they have them usually 2 for 22 dollars! BARGAIN!
*5. If you've never smelled Love Spell, from the secret garden collection at Victoria's Secret, you obviously never went to middle or high school. Half of the girls that I know swear by this smell. I think it's delicious. It's very strong, and noticeable. It smells like, jasmine, florals, and fruity..while not being extremely gross. It's almost intoxicating. I love it!


*Candles:
*1. I think putting any cookie smelling candle, like SugarCookies by Yankee candle in a kitchen or dining room, makes it smell like someone just took a batch of them out of the oven. I love scents like this because it just smells yummy! Why wouldn't you want the smell of freshly baked cookies, to fill the kitchen?
*2. If you couldn't tell, I like fruity scents. This is no exception. The Cherry Lemonade candle from Yankee candle smells exactly like...well...cherry lemonade. Which also happens to be my favorite drink. This candle is very summery and smells so good.
*3. Two words..Clean Cotton. You can find this scent anywhere, from any place that sells candles. I love the smell of fresh laundry, and this is exactly that. Your room, will smell like you just brought in a wash basket full of clean clothes, that smell amazing.

One last thing..and this seriously deserves a little section of it's own. Normally, I hate the hardcore smell of lavender. I still do. The only lavender scent that I like...well love.. is the Aromatherapy Sleep Better collection in Lavender Vanilla. Every single product that comes from that line, smells absolutely beautiful. It's a perfect combo, which really does help to calm you down before sleep. In the collection, there is from my knowledge, a hand lotion, a pillow mist, candles, wall plug-ins, body wash, bath salts and scrubs, and massage oil. After a long day, it feels so good to lay in a full bath that smells like this scent. It's soothing, to be honest. I love it so much. You can purchase these products at bath and body works also.


Go check out these smells, and let me know what your favorite scents are!
- K.

No comments:

Post a Comment