Sunday, July 25, 2010

A passion for fashion.

I take a lot of pride in my obsession for fashion. All aspects of fashion, not leaving out a single detail. I do consider myself addicted to shopping, but I'm very picky when it comes to what I choose to drape myself in. I consider myself a simple..classy girl, and to uphold that idea that label..I dress classy. As girls should.

I find nothing more disgusting than a girl who finds it appealing to look like, well..a tramp. Ladies, no person wants to see your junk, so put it away! Hasn't anyone told these girls who dress trashy to say the least...that they leave NOTHING to the imagination? Now, I'm not saying that a little cleavage here and there, or an above the knee short skirt is scandalous, because in this day in age, it's simply the norm. But comeon, seriously people..the shorts that look like underwear aren't cute.

^ like, seriously?

SO, what do I like to wear? (clothing)
- Lately, I'm very into the whole high skirt, tank top combo. I think it's cute, and comfortable, while still looking like it took a while to put together an outfit. I wear dresses, a lot. I figure while the weather is nice, a dress is acceptable. Plus, it's a thousand degrees here lately, so it really is the only way to stay cool.
I'm also the girl who is always wearing a cardigan. But, like I said, I'm very picky. I can't wear just any old cardigan. I either like them long, so I can wear them with leggings, and cardigans that are very loose, to throw over a dress or tank. I believe a simple basic colored cardigan adds to any outfit, and is a staple piece to have hanging in a closet. Also, I love blazers. Mind you, I am 17 years old, so a broad shouldered blazer is not really the best option to wear to school. But a simple one, again, is really cute to throw over a band t-shirt to spice up an outfit and add a flare that the outfit normally wouldn't have. Another thing, which is the opposite of most of these items above..is a cut up tee, or v-neck. I LOVE the cut off the shoulder college t shirts. I don't know why, I just have a thing for them. And I must own probably around 20 v-neck t shirts. They go with everything, and I'm not exaggerating. Hm..what else, what else? Oh yes, pants. I'm not big into jeans. I actually hate most jeans. I never got into the whole ripped/shredded/bleached jean craze. I really only like dark wash skinny jeans, just saying. And leggings. You'll probably catch me in a plain black pair of leggings, just because of how cute and comfortable they are. (Any girl who wears leggings should know, that they aren't truly pants.. and the shirt that is being worn with leggings, should cover your tush.)
*SO, my fav's are:
- High waist skirts.
- The tank top and skirt combo.
- Cardigans.
- Blazers.
- Cut (off the shoulder) t-shirts.
- V necks.
- Dark wash skinny jeans.
- Plain black leggings.


If you couldn't tell, a word used a lot in that last paragraph was simple. I'm not the most eccentric person you'll ever meet when it comes to clothing, but when it comes to accessorizing..that's a whole different ball field. I'm the girl with the over sized bag, that is extremely over sized..as well as sunglasses. I wear a wrist full of bracelets one day, the next I'll have on a huge cocktail ring. I love accessories. Also, if you know me..you know I have another small addiction...to pearls. I love them. I think pearls add a hint of elegance to anything.And another thing, taken straight off Gossip Girl, headbands. Headbands can add to an outfit just as much as cute jewelery can. One word that also takes my breath away..shoes. I love shoes. I'd rather have shoes than food. Anything from sandals to stilettos. I personally think I acquired this addiction from many nights of watching Sex and the City. I love all shoes...except one. Crocs. I hate them. Hate is an extremely strong word, and I could never hate anyone in this world. But those shoes..are just so repulsive. Now everyone has their right to an opinion, so here's mine. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU WANT TO WEAR THEM. UGH! Just, stop. They're for doctors! And even some doctors should know better.

Anywho..I just felt like rambling a bit about clothes. Although, right now is what I find the absolute worst time to shop. All of the summer stuff is out, and starting to leave the shelves, but yet there is still time left so the Autumn clothing is still locked away in a far far away fairytale land. Until around August, they're still there..UGH!

What is your favorite thing to wear? Let me know!
Thanks so much for reading!
- K.

No comments:

Post a Comment