Saturday, July 24, 2010

what a shock.

SUPRISE. I've neglected this thing for such a long time, and honestly, I don't know why. The last time I wrote on here, I was a junior...now, I'm a senior. Junior year was wonderful, yet hard at the same time..but be that as it may, I'm still happy it's over. Onto bigger and better things I guess you could say.
NOW, here's a little bit of what has been going on in my life.

1. My best friend, Joseph, who moved to, North Carolina moved home. Officially. He is now living in New York, where he belongs. I've never understood why anyone would truly not enjoy getting out of here, until my best friend left. I've never spoken to someone who loved this state as much as he does. I guess when you live here for so long, the glory that is NYC begins to fade into such a normal thing, that you just don't see the beauty. I don't live near the city, but I do live in New York. I've been to " the city " multiple times. I still act like a tourist, my camera in hand and I'm snapping photos of every sign, light, store etcetera etcetera. He missed it here. I missed having him here. I'm happy he's finally where he deserves to be.

*If you're reading this and you have never been to Manhattan, which I have been calling "thecity" this whole little paragraph..get your butt out of the chair, and go..now. Pinky promise you will NOT regret it.


2. My time as a cosmetology student is officially over. O-V-E-R. Anyone who believes that cosmetology is a joke, and it's like taking the easy-street..you better think again. I've taken advanced placement classes, as well as honors courses..never have I ever been in such a hard class. First of all, you work your little tush off from the moment you walk in the room, til the minute the bell rings. Honestly, in the beginning, I hated the class..because we were learning the essentials of running a salon and the basics. I must have done about 9,000 braids..and never fully completed a head of cornrows. Anyone who can do a head of cornrows..god bless you child because I don't have the patience or the skill to do such work. As much as I'm complaining, the class taught me a lot, not only about the field of cosmetology, but about myself. Corny? Yeah well..you take a class for four semesters, with all girls, who are stressing about everything under the sun..including me.. and stay in a classroom from 1130, to 3 everyday. As much cattiness as you would believe would happen in that room..there was barely any. That I saw. I fell in love with those girls, and some of them have became like sisters, if not all of them.I'm not sure if my decision to leave the technical school was right yet, but we'll see. I decided to move on to pursing more in fashion merchandising at my school. I hope in the end my choice was right, as of now I feel like it was.

3. I still do NOT have a job. If you are my age, and you are looking for a job like I am..GOOD LUCK TO YOU. This is the complete roughest time to get and hold a job for teens. I really need to work, because sitting in the house and watching youtube guru's all day, and not getting a call back from any place I have applied at, isn't making me the cash that I need to pay my car insurance.


It's really late..I believe it's around 2:30..so I'll stop blabbing for now. Hopefully it won't be another two months before I get around to posting again because I really do enjoy writing.


By the way, I am planning on posting this on my facebook. If you are reading this off of the think that I have posted..and you are planning on mocking me, making fun of me, or being rude in anyway..don't bother. As much as you'll try to hurt me with rude comments..I will simply take them with open arms, and read them as constructive criticism.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!.
-K.

No comments:

Post a Comment