Saturday, July 24, 2010

Product Review!

For my first review post, I'm going to be talking about a product that I have a bunch of. They are the L'oreal HIP jelly balms.
If you've never heard of these little babies, you need to check them out.
Comparable to the MAC tendertones, these lip balms are smooth and sweet without too much stickiness..like everyone hates. No girl enjoys having that extremely sticky gloss. I found in my experiences with using the four shades that I own, the darker colors stay on longer, and look somewhat better then the lighter balms. One thing I really do not like about about these are the price tags that come with them. In my Ulta, they run around nine dollars, and recently I picked up two from Target, which were around five dollars. Though they do run a bit pricey, I'd rather spend the nine dollars on a jelly balm, then around 15 for a MAC tendertone. You can purchase these at any drugstore that sells L'oreal, or stores like Ulta. They come in glass containers similar to the tendertones..but they are a little bit heavy.
If I had to rate these out of a ten, I'd give them a steady eight.





* Note- I would never do a false review of anything, because I think if I'm going to spend my time typing this up, it might as well be the truth.

The lip balms come in four different colors..
1. Ripe - The ripe jelly balm is a orangey red colored lip balm. It's a way to wear that almost perfect red lip, without being too intense. I really like this color for summer, on light and tan skin tones, although I do believe it could look really really lovely on darker tones, as well as olive skin.

2.Succulent - Succulent is a really rich deep lilac colored balm. Again, succulent glides right onto the lips and looks very glossy, while not looking to harsh. This color looks good on darker skin tones, as well as tan. I'm not sure how well the color would look on fair skin, as it is very pigmented, and a bit purpley.

3.Delectable - Delectable could possibly be my favorite out of the four jelly balms that I've collected. It's hard for me to find a good red lip gloss, without it looking extremely tacky. Delectable is a beautiful red balm, that looks almost as if you're wearing a red gloss..which isn't tacky..at all. I love this one. If you're looking for a good red lip color that isn't extremely intense..I'd definitely recommend trying on delectable.

4.Plush - Plush is the first jelly balm I tried and the reason I purchased three others. Plush is bright pink balm, that comes out not as pigmented as I expected, but still looks good on the lips. It almost looks like a pink lipgloss was applied to the lips when you have this color on. I do really like it, but it's not my favorite.


Overall, these lip balms are really cute and pigmented, and I'd definitely recommend them to anyone looking to try a cheaper version of a MAC tendertone.

Thanks for reading! If you'd like a review of any other products, let me know and I'll try to get one up!

-K.

No comments:

Post a Comment