Monday, July 26, 2010

Torrid*

If you couldn't tell, I like clothes. I like to shop.
And this is hard for me to admit, because it is pretty embarrassing..but I don't shop at most stores, because simply..I don't fit in most that are carried in the normal stores. Any plus sized teen knows how incredibly hard it is, to find cute clothes that fit. I found a store a few years ago, and it's now one of the only stores I shop at when it comes to buying clothes. The store is called Torrid. The store is the perfect mix of edge and elegance. They carry everything from pajamas to prom dresses and everything in-between. The sizes run from a 12 to a 32, which in lamest terms is a 1x to a 5x. Torrid makes it easy for girls like me, and girls everywhere to feel comfortable and cut in their own skin..and clothes. But seriously people..the clothes are ridiculously beautiful. Not to mention the quality of the clothing is impeccable. The clothes can run a bit steep in price, but considering how hard it is to find a good pair of jeans that are, say a size 18, or a size 32..it is..in my opinion, a good deal. Plus a lot of the time, their clothing goes on clearance, or you get coupons in the mail!

Some of my favorite pieces that are currently being shown on the Torrid website, are:

Dresses-






1. The grey and ivory tiered dress. I think this is adorable! This could be a staple item to have in a closet, because it can be worn multiple ways. Casually, you could wear it with a simple denim jacket and cute sandals, with a few bangle bracelets. Perfect for the day time! Yet at night, pair this dress with a simple pair of black suede pumps and a string of pearls, and you'd be set for an evening out!
2.The black jewel pleated club dress. The right amount of edge and elegance, like I previously said. The detailing on this dress, and simple as it seems, is marvelous. Pleating around the bust helps to hide a tummy, while the studded detailing is a perfect accent, and certainly a trend. Another thing I like about the dress, is..the pockets! I love dresses with pockets. Slip on this dress with a cute pair of strappy gold sandals, which you can also find at torrid..and be on your way!
3.The purple floral print fishnet shoulder dress. I love this. It's unique without being too over-the-top, which is hard to find these days. The fishnet adds the edge to a dress that without it would have been a basic floral! A large belt around the waist would tone the dress down..while a chunky wedge would help in dressing it up for an evening on the town.


Torrid also carries something that I love. Cardigans and blazers. In my recent post, Passion for fashion..I talk about how to dress up or down a blazer and my love for cardigans. Here are a few I found on the site that I really liked...


As I said, again in my other post...I'm not a huge fan of jeans. But Torrid carries multiple brands like Z. Cavaricci, and Source of Wisdom jeans that fit like a glove and look really really perfect on.

Any girl, looking to add some pieces to a wardrobe who is plus sized..should definitely check out Torrid for some cute clothes!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

- K.

No comments:

Post a Comment