Sunday, April 4, 2010

Summer loving, had me a blast.

Now, I'm a girl. I love mushy gushy love shit. Just like a lot of other 17 year old girls my age. But lately, I've been noticing in not only myself, but in others..there isn't a lot of love going around. People have been really rude lately. Maybe it's just New York. I don't really know?!

But anyway...

I really really really am excited for summer this year. A lot of things are going to be different this summer then the last few. For instance, I'm older. What? A year older doesn't change anything. BULL. Yes it does. I get to drive this summer. That means, I can drive myself to the mall, out to be with friends, and..to my ultimate favorite place. The beach. Now, I live on Long Island. Which is exactly what it is..not much to the imagination. It's just a long island off the eastern coastline..connected to New York by a few underlying tunnels and bridges. Summer here is like heaven for a girl who loves to lay out and enjoy the ocean. The sun literally sets around you. If you think about it, long island beaches face towards the south...do you get it yet? The way that we're faced, means that the sun moves from left to right over you..if you're facing the ocean of course. That ensures a beautiful, all over even tan. Which if you know me, tanning basically consumes my entire summer schedule.

Another thing that is wonderful about Long Island in the summer..is the face that you're surrounded by beaches. You go to the north shore, and you have the beautiful Port Jeff harbor, and Mt. Sinai Harbors, along with..Long Beach, Short Beach..and Cedar Beach. The only thing is, when you go to any north shore beaches, you better bring shoes..because they're pretty rocky. South Shore beaches on the other hand, have sand, amen. You have fire Island, Smith Point..and all the beaches associated with those two make up a pretty huge strip of the island. The further east you go, the closer you are to the Hamptons, which is something Long Island is known for. The Hamptons are where the rich go to play on their yachts in the summer. WHY? Because of the beauty. It's gorgeous..well..any beach is beautiful to me.

So basically, I'm excited for the waves, the changing of my own skin tone, and the heat this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment