Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring Fever?


I'm realizing lately how completely head over heels in love I am with the spring weather. Over winter, everyone is cooped up in the house, in long sleeves and long pants and all bundled up. Once the first sense of spring hits the cool air, everyone gets caught up in the spring fever. I'm not saying that I don't get caught up in it..because once I see on the weather channel that it's going to be 50 degrees or above, I break out the Havianas (California style flip-flops =)) and sundresses. I'll soak up any sun that can cause a tan, or a burn.

The fashion trends for spring are usually very close from year to year with some exceptions. More now then ever, I've been realizing how many more females are dressing, well...like females. There are sundresses, EVERYWHERE..from Saks Fifth Avenue and the highest brand-name stores, to Target, Walmart..and Forever21. Dresses, along with flowing long tunic shirts, and high-waist skirts are filling the hallways of my suburban high school. The thing is, I'll wear a dress or skirt everyday, and I see no reason why that is a bad thing. I'm a girl, girls can wear beautiful spring dresses. It use to be such a bad thing..remember? If you were that girl wearing a dress in middle school, you were mocked. Well, I know girls who were.
I think that the trends consist of, pastel colored and floral..knee length and shorter dresses...along with the high waist skirts, which go all the way out when you spin..which I love.. and beautiful long tunics.

I definitely have spring fever. Lately, it's been so beautiful out..well..besides the like 20 inches of rain that fell over Long Island. Like today, it's Easter Sunday. It's usually cold here in New York..but today is different. You can smell the flowers starting to break out of the buds, and the breeze is warm. The sunshine is hot on your arms and face, and it feels like the end of May more than the first week in April..

Not that I'm complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment