Monday, April 5, 2010

Back to basics.

So today, was the first day back to school after a 10 day spring break. Surprisingly, I did nothing this break of much importance to mention..note the sarcasm when I say surprisingly. Unlike a lot of 17 year old people, I enjoy going to school. I like to learn new things, and I like to be challenged. Today wasn't that hard..but when you put the rest of the year into months..we basically have April and May left. June is just a time for finals, testing..and saying goodbye to friends who are going off to college.
This year, my schedule gets cut short, around 11 o'clock. First period is gym, or on the opposite day..is a math lab. If you know me..you know my worst and most dreaded subject is math. I hate it. Hate is a strong word..and I strongly hate math. Second period, is math..again. My teacher speaks broken English, so for a girl who can barely understand the basics of math in English, imagine trying to learn trigonometry..in half Spanish. Third period is history..which I do enjoy very much. I've always been into learning about the past, and how people lived. Fourth is English. I love English because I have an incredible teacher, and I enjoy writing..as you can tell. Fifth period is basically nap time, or as the district calls it..Marine Studies. I learn about fish. Now..for a girl who wants to get into the fashion industry, I'm not very concerned with the internal structures of sea sponges. Sorry if you are, I cannot say the same. For the rest of the day, I'm at Cosmetology. I'm starting to really NOT enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I really..don't know why either. Hm..

I layed out today, because cosmetology was closed for the day..so I was able to soak up a few innings of the Mets home opener, and a couple good rays of sun.
It's beautiful here lately, and I'm loving every single second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment