Sunday, September 26, 2010

Inspiration six: Autumn




Usually all of my inspiration posts are about people who have well, influenced me in some way. This one is a bit different.

If you haven't noticed, there is something different outside lately. That certain chill in the air that makes leaves fall from trees, and sleeping so much better.

Thank you, Mother Nature, for blessing us with a beautiful season called Autumn.

If you're not inspired by fall, you obviously do not like fashion...because fall is when ALL of the cutest looks hit the runway. Fashion week in New York actually just ended about two weeks ago.


My favorite trends of Autumn, are :


Deep red lips:

I don't know why, but for some reason..red lips signify the coming of winter to me. Odd, but you start to see more people daring to wear deep reds on their lips around autumn and winter. Deep red lips usually go well with most skintones, so ..Try it out!


Cardigan sweaters:

Obviously I love cardigans, so I am so happy that they are making a comeback on runways and in stores. Any long sleeve, loose or fitted cardigan can complete an outfit!


Boots/Booties:

Two years ago, if you would have told me that I would be infatuated with calf/knee high boots, I probably would have slapped you. A huge trend this fall is leather riding boots, or just knee high heeled boots in general. They vamp up an outfit from casual to cute. Booties have also been stampeding the runway this fall, and they look REALLY cute with skinny jeans, and even dresses!


Lace:

Lace has always dominated runways because of it's elegant appeal. Lace suddenly turns an outfit classy, and makes everything a bit more fabulous. Everything from lace tanktops, to lace leggings have been seen in stores from Walmart to Saks!




These are just a few to kick off inspiration posts again. If you can think of more trends you've seen on the runway or in stores that you love, let me know!

Enjoy the fall, everyone!
-K.

No comments:

Post a Comment