Sunday, November 21, 2010

My makeup story...

1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
I was in the sixth grade, so probably about, 12?

2. How did you get into makeup?
I wanted to be like my older sister, so I'd always borrow hers, and then my obsession started.

3. What are some of your favorite brands?
Drugstore wise, I love L'oreal..Revlon...i swear by it for anything from blush to lipgloss...than for higher end makeup, Mac, stila, or nars, definitely.

4. What does makeup mean to you?
This is going to sound dumb, but it actually means alot to me because I see it as a hobby, and sort of like art. You can express yourself through your makeup, and your face is the first thing that people see, so why not enhance it?

5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?
Concealer, foundation powder, mascara, liquid liner.

6. What is your favorite thing about makeup?
See number 4.

7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup?
Honestly, I own a bit of both, but there are some drugstore products that can directly doupe high end products..you just have to search.

8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner?
Try things out. See what works with your skin and what doesn't..and don't try to be something you're not. Makeup isn't supposed to change the person you are, just enhance your overall beauty.

9. What is one makeup trend you never understood?
Extreme eyebrows. I don't know why, but alot of highend fashion magazines lately have been showing models with these thick dark filled in brows that look very odd...

10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube?
I think it's amazing, and I was proud to be a part of it for a while. It's a great way to learn so much, like I did, and see what products work the best.



-K.

No comments:

Post a Comment