Monday, July 25, 2011

Lifes changing.

The past fourty eight hours have been quite strange for me. Last night, I had such a wonderful evening with my family, basking in the heat that has swept over the entire country for the past week. Everyone was happy, and the world stopped being terrible if only for us. I laughed like I never laughed before.

But still inside of me, I was nervous. In only a few hours, I was planning the next few months of my freshman year of college. I was so excited to learn my courses and meet my advisor at 9am, I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep. Sleep. I could dream of it now. After a few hours when the excitement of the day calmed down and everyone was asleep, my dad, my hero, began experiening extremely bad pains in his stomach. Okay, the thing about my father is that he shows no pain. You know something is wrong when he asks my mother to drive him to the hospital. One fourty five, am.

Text after text, I beg my mom for results. Stupid hospital cell phone rules, don't they know that my dad is there? I need information. Of all things, a kidney stone? How could such a minsicule thing pull down a giant. A few pain killers and curses later, my dad arrived home. Safe. Four thirty, am.

I can't sleep. I can't help but wonder about my dad, my advisor, my mom. Mom, the strongest woman in the whole wide world. Driving an hour away in rush hour traffic to an uncertain future in only a matter of meer hours that passed like seconds.

My schedule is amazing. College, two days a week? Are you joking? I don't know if this will be good or bad, but from where I see it, it doesn't seem to rough. Tomorrow, is just another day. But it isn't. Tomorrow is a big day. An interview. Old Navy, please hire me. I need this. Ten Seventeen, pm. I'm writing this and wondering about my day tomorrow. And I know I won't sleep tonight either. Summer sucks in that way, no one ever sleeps the way they're supposed to. But I'm okay.

My dad is okay. I'm okay.

Life's changing. And I think that that, is okay.
Until the next time, ciao.
C'est la vie.
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment